As summer is drawing to an end and autumn is starting to make an appearance, peaches are now coming towards the end of their season. With this in mind, I couldn’t think of a better time to make some yummy peach cobbler.
Skill level: Easy peasy
10 medium sized peaches, peeled, de-stoned & sliced
150g golden caster sugar
75g white caster sugar
125g self-raising flour
75g unsalted butter
175 ml semi-skimmed milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
Zest of 1 lemon
- Combine your cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & cloves. This creates your pumpkin spice mix.
- Put your peaches in a bowl and gently mix in 75g of golden caster sugar, lemon zest & 1 tsp of pumpkin spice mix. Once combined, tip the mixture out into your baking dish and make sure the bottom is completely covered & evenly distributed.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter & the remaining sugar. Once combined, fold in the flour, 2 tsp of pumpkin spice mix & add the milk. This should leave you with a batter like consistency.
- Spread the batter on top of the peaches. Use a spatula or knife to ensure that there is an even layer over the top of the peaches.
- Bake at 180°c for 40 minutes. Set aside to cool a little then serve with vanilla custard or ice cream.